Minnesota Section 179 (Depreciation)

Minnesota limits Section 179 to $25,000 with an investment limit of $200,000.

Minnesota allows taxpayers to claim the full bonus amount, but it’s apportioned over a six-year period. Taxpayers get 20% of the bonus depreciation, in the year the asset is placed in service. The other 80% must be added back, which is recovered when they subract it from taxable income over the next five years.